Saturday, November 02, 2013

bouquet canvas

Hi bloggers!
I decided to do a canvas. 
I've been loving the canvases Christy Tomlinson does so the inspiration for this one came from her!
I covered the canvas with paper from the Prima Divine 6x6 pad. I went over that with Adirondack snow cap paint dabber and Claudine Helmuth classic teal, traditional tan, painterely pink and yellow pastel paints, I applied those here and there with my finger.
This is the first time I've used her paints and I have to say, I love them! They are so creamy and nice to work with. I got the urban mini paint set from Inspiration Emporium, I need them all!
I drew the vase on the back of a piece of the Divine paper, cut it out and adhered it to the canvas.  I painted over it with matte multi medium to make a non porous surface so when I did my shading I could move the ink from the pens with my finger. I did the shading with Faber-Castell big brush pens in cold grey 233, medium flesh 131, cadmium yellow 107, chromium green opaque174 and black199.
I used a bunch of rub ons from imaginise dream come true, which IE has on sale for $1 right now!! tim holtz remnant rubs numbers and Heidi Swapp.
I used Prima Divine flowers. I pinched the centers out of each one so my pic's would lay flush on the flower.
I cut the pics in squares to match the little squares in the vase.
I wrote some words on the canvas with Sakura Micron 08 black pen. 

I hope you enjoy the canvas and are inspired to make one of your own!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I saw this on Pinterest and loved it. 
I had been wanting to do something like this with my cigar boxes for awhile and this pushed me on to do it!
I have a huge collection of cigar boxes, mostly wooden ones of all different sizes. I made holes in them with my awl with is basically a short handled ice pick. I used some metal name plate thingy's and brads to attach them to the boxes. I stamped the words on some cardstock to put behind the plates, so I can change them if I need to. I glued down some of the torn paper on them with matte multi medium.
My Claudine Hellmuth mini paint bottles are in the top one :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a great weekend, thanks for looking!
From Millan.Net

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...