Tuesday, July 16, 2013

play, giggle, live

I've got mixed media journal pages to show you today.
I used my Dylusions journal, pulled out some supplies and went to town!
 I love to do mixed media canvases so I thought I'd give it a try in my journal. The pages are very sturdy from all the paper, mod podge and paint. 
I love using bits and pieces of this and that to create something fun. I got the OK tags out of an old file cabinet I got at an auction. I used Tim's numbers remnant rubs here and there, I'm loving the rub-ons, they add the perfect touch to the project.
Here's a pic of the supplies I used. I ended up not using the small Prima flowers and white enamel accents.
This is how I started. I covered both pages with terminology tissue wrap and tore pieces of  Prima hello pastel paper and randomly adhered them to the pages. The tags were next, then the ribbons, lace and trinket, the paint and gesso, the paper doll, houses, sun and adage tickets. Last was the large Prima flower the Tim Holtz numbers rub-ons and liquid pearls. I did the outlining with Faber-Castell big brush pens in cold grey, dark sephia and light phthalo green. If you use a gel medium or mod podge over your papers you can outline with the big brush pens and blend with your finger, it makes your pieces pop off the page.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, that's it, hope I inspired you today!
Go check out the Inspiration Journal for this months challenge, you could win $50 in products from the store. Who doesn't love shopping?!
From Millan.Net

3 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Hi, Pam! I love the colors you used on this whimsical, happy spread. Loved seeing the way you built your base. Your art journal pages are always so much fun!

Words and Pictures said...

Love all the layering, and those wonderful tickets and tags across the page spread!
Alison x

Sue from Oregon said...

This is super fun Pam!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...