Friday, December 03, 2010

Fairy Dust Penguin ~ Our Craft Lounge

Good Morning & TGIF!
I have a couple of cards to show you today, first I made a sweetheart card for the OCLDT42 Challenge. The card sketch is brought to us by Kendra Weitstock. Go to The Lounge and check out the details on how you can play and win an OCL stamp set of your choice! Check out the Thank You promotion going on over there too, lots of fun and prizes galore!

I used the cute little fairy again from the Fairy Dust is a Must set, she's perched on the mushroom waiting to be kissed. I added some Ice Crystal Crafty Sparkles to her wings to give her some sparkle, I can't help myself, wings and sparkles just go together!
Supplies: Stamps - OCL Fairy Dust is a Must. Paper - Neenah Solar White, apricot, Me & My Big Ideas Fashion District Mat Pad. Ink - Ranger Distress Walnut Stain, Spun Sugar, Copic markers. Acces. - Ice Crystal Crafty Sparkles, green twill, button, linen thread, Martha Stewart clear gem stickers, white brads. Tools - Spellbinders Big Scalloped Ovals (sm), Scor-Buddy, stipple brush, stipple brush, blending tool, ticket corner punch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made this clear card for the OCL booth at CHA. Isn't this little guy a cutie?!
He's from the Penguin Fun stamp set.
A lady contacted me who saw my card in an Addicted to Rubberstamps ad and wanted to know how to make it for her daughter who loves penguins! So, I'm going into a little bit more detail here.
I cut a piece of heavy acetate at a standard 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 size card with the fold at the top. I took a clean pencil eraser, tapped it on the glue pad, then on the acetate on the card front, then I sprinkled on the glitter to make the sparkly snowballs. I cut my patterned paper with my Spellbinders Labels 8 die, but any die would do. I stamped my penguin on white cardstock, colored him and glued on a little Sugar Sparkly Fluff on the beanie top, cut him out and attached him, the snowball pile and sign to the die cut piece. I tied my ribbon around the top. I cut 3 more pieces of patterned paper to go on the inside front to cover the adhesive, and on the back so there is a space to write on, the 3rd piece is attached to the very back of the card to hide more adhesive.

Supplies: Stamps - OCL Penguin Fun. Paper - acetate, Neenah Solar White cardstock, Tim Holtz Shabby Chic Paper Stack , Ink - Ranger Distress Black Soot, Tumbled Glass, Copic markers. Acces. -Sugar Sparkly Fluff, Ice Crystal Crafty Sparkles, Martha Stewart clear gem stickers from Walmart, ribbon. Tools - Spellbinders Labels 8 die, pencil with a clean eraser, Scor-Buddy, glue dots, glue pad.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I hope you have a great weekend, thanks for stopping by!
Smiley from millan.net

4 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Both are beautifully colored and I LOVE the sparkle!

md said...

ELLES SONT A CROQUER
BRAVO MD

Bev Gerard said...

Fairy Dust & a clearly delicious penguin creation! Both are exquisitely created with your creative touch! Gotta love these!
Happy December to you & yours!

~Tex

Kendra said...

FABULOUS Pam!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...