Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sew Special pocket

Good evening my blogger buds!

I had a nice weekend, I did a little shopping in
the new flea market here in Greers Ferry, WOOHOO, we finally have a nice place to browse
right here! They were trying to talk me into renting a booth there, I think it would be fun, but, I worry about the winter months here. This town is pretty much a ghost town in the winter. I'd hate to pay rent on a booth and not sell anything. I'm still on the fence about it. I sure could get rid of some stuff though!



I picked up a little advertising sewing kit for .10 at the thrift shop in Clinton. I decided I would use my Crafty Secrets You're Sew Special stamp set and make a pocket card with a tag inside.I think it would make a cute little gift for a friend.



The pocket is made with a sheet of the double sided paper from the CS Radiant Paper Pad. I love using this paper for pockets, both sides of the paper are visible, I added a small piece of music paper from the same pad. I made the lace flower in the center of the yummy May Arts gingham ribbon.
I used a Tim Holtz mask and blended Distress inks on the tag. I love the fun stamps in this set, the pin's, zipper, dress form, buttons and sentiments, I love it! I sprayed the whole thing with Snowflake Glimmer Mist, to give it a little sparkle.
Supplies: Stamps - CS Sew Special, SU! Itty Bitty BG (splatter stamp). Paper - CS Radiant Paper Pad, SU! Confetti White. Ink - Ranger Distress Vintage Photo, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick. Acces. - flat pearlsnk, buttons, pins, Sweet Chips Chipboard Die Cut Shapes, May Arts ribbon, handmade lace flower, pink felt flower, pink Martha Stewart bakers twine, ad sewing kit, Snowflake Glimmer Mist. Tools - Tim Holtz Flourish Mask, blending tool, Scor-Pal, sewing machine, tag corner punch, circle punch, Zutter Round-it-All.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the goodies I got at the new market here in town. A melon baller, I'm going to use it for a glitter/embossing powder spoon. A piece of red & white gingham fabric, I'll make some flowers out of that, the same way I gather lace to make flowers, I'll cut strips of the fabric and gather it. I like to make these when I'm watching TV. A set of coasters, they are gorgeous, the lady said they were paper mache' and they are stamped Japan on the bottom.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have happy week!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE your card! You also picked up some great market finds:)

Lana said...

Oh Piris! You have a talent like no other! I am always, always, always amazed at what you come up with! You my dear are a treasure! Love ya!

Judy in Indiana said...

I updated my blog and did not add a link to you. What was I thinking? I love what you make. I just want to hang out with you and Bev all the time!

Michele Kovack said...

I saw this in the CS gallery, and think this is just stunning!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...