Monday, July 28, 2008

What's shaken bacon?

Here's Riley on his tractor doing a little farm work. This stamp is a hoot and so is the new sentiment set by Hanna Stamps! It was a toss-up on which one to use, this one or "Well, this day was a total waste of makeup" hee hee!

The edge of the card is hinged, the screw brads go through the front & back of the card and the front is scored so it opens like a book.

Supplies: Stamps - Tractor Riley, Just what I meant to say (sentiment), Spring Time Hanna (grass), Tis the Season (trees), Route 66 (clouds). Paper - Basic Grey Motifica, SU! Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Georgia Pacific white. Ink - Ranger Distress Black Soot, Copic markers. Acces. - silver screw & plain brads, large silver eyelets, black Magic Mesh, dotted Grungeboard (colored with a black Copic), ribbon, staples, Dimensionals, Ranger Glossy Accents on the tires.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Look at my new old Hoosier cabinet. Me and Terry had been looking for a cabinet to go in my kitchen. We went to Batesville, about an hour away and spotted a sign that said "Antiques" with an arrow pointing down the highway, so we took off. This is the BEST antique shop I have seen in a long while, everything in there was right up my alley! I'm looking forward to going back again soon. If you're in the area the name of it is Arkansas Antiques and Collectibles, it's on Hwy. 167 South in Batesville.
I didn't have to do a thing to this, it was already painted white, just what I was looking for! It has the flour bin and sifter and the pull down roll top thing, I don't know what the name of that is?? It's in the middle there and you can pull it down to close it up. The top work surface is enamel and it has 2 drawers and 2 doors under those with plenty of storage space. I can imagine some lady rolling out pie crusts on this long ago....

On the 2 shelves behind the glass doors I put this border lace, I got for cards & altering, but, I knew it would be perfect on the shelves. On the top right is my Grandma's enamel pan, bucket and dipper. I remember that sitting on her counter, she would go get water from the well and put in this bucket for drinking water, take the dipper and dip it in for a fresh drink. The lamp on the top left belonged to my Great Grandpa Berry, it has flowers painted on it, it will not hold lamp oil because there is a hairline crack in it, but, I love it just the same!

The 7 Up clock belonged to my aunt and uncle, I bought it from my aunt at a yard sale she was having long after they sold the store. Their store was way out in the country, it was a general store, they sold a little bit of everything in that store from food, to gas to feed to fabric. I loved coming to AR. and staying with them when I was young, you got to see everyone that came into the store and play with the kids while their parents shopped. The clock has quit running once since I've had it, and I found a man that got it running for me again. All I do is change the bulbs when they go out, it's a great night light too.
It's things like this that mean so much to me and keeps a part of my family near me.

I hope you have a memorable day, thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Vicki G said...

Oh my GOSH!!! how cute is he!!!!!! Adorable Pam!!!!

Vicki

Lana said...

WOOHOO PIRIS! I love your card first off! BUT YOUR CABINET!!! I want to come over for a visit ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Day my friend!

Debbi T said...

OK - holy cow. Card = awesome.
Second - he cabinet and antiques - VERY cool.

But the clock. WHAT A TREASURE THAT IS!

You must post us more pictures of your house, girlfriend! I wanna see all the way cool antiques you own!!!

Kristi said...

oh I love this post..LOVE that card...I laughed when I saw his clothes...bwaahaaa, and the cabinet...oh wow, what a great find!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Your card is so neat, love all the little touches that you have given to it, Great guy card, those are so hard for me!
Love your cabinet, I love old things like that too, like how you have saved so many things from your family, what great memories they hold!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and your cards.

The name of your cabinet is a "hoosier". You can find those around here in the antique stores..but oh, they cost a pretty penny, especially if it has the sifter, flour bin, pull out shelf and door in as nice condition as you found yours. Great Find!
Kristyn

Anonymous said...

ACK!! I LOVE Riley on the tractor! Totally adorable card!

Cindy Lyles said...

OMW I LOVE LOVE LOVE your cabinet (drool....) - and LOVE that little guy on the tractor - fabulous card sweetie!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...