Friday, April 18, 2008

wildflower pocket card

This is another one of the new Crafty Secrets medium sets called Wildflowers. I just love flower stamps, seems I can't get enough of them, especially iris! I'm getting a collection going of iris stamps, my friend QC sent me one that's gorgeous, I have it in a display cabinet on my wall. I like to display and look at some of my wood mounted rubber stamps, someday they will be collectors items I'm afraid. I decided I wanted to make a pocket card to hold these seed packets. Love all the pretty flowers and dragonflies in this set!

Supplies: Stamps - Crafty Secrets Wildflowers get them from Crafty Secrets or Sweet & Sassy Crafts. Ink - Ranger Distress Walnut Stain, Copic markers and Spica glitter pens. Paper - Crafty Secrets Earthy Paper Pad, Prism sunflower light. Acces. - ribbon, word window punch, paper distresser, brads, seed packets.

Are you ready to plant your garden? You may already have it in the ground if you are farther south. We try and do a few tomatoes and peppers every year. Mmmm, I can taste the garden veggie's now, mmmmmm. No more fried squash and okra for me though, I'm trying to learn to change my way of eating, it will have to be stir fried, which is really good too!

I used to make a new flower bed every year, I've stopped that, I can't seem to keep up with them! I think stamping has taken over, that's all I want to do when I'm not at work, LOL!

We are heading to my mom's Saturday, it's Folk Festival time in Mtn. View. We will go up there in time for the parade and then we'll head off to do some shopping in the craft booths, antique stores and flea markets, ahhh, my kind of weekend!!

I hope your weekend is filled with stuff you love to do!

Have a happy Friday, thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Love this project -- totally fabulous!!! I'm intrigued with the creamy/white b/g -- wonderful!!! If you collect Iris stamps -- have you seen the new one out by Flourishes -- Siberian Iris -- gorgeous, large Iris. I'm in the same boat with gardening -- LOL -- but my perennials survive better than my veggies!! My DH has said no more gardens for me as I don't take care of them - YIKES!!! And with the price of food sky-rocketing, maybe I'd better quit stamping and start tending my gardens -- LOL!!! TFS a great project!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pocket card....I love irises also! have quite a few blooming right now and I have several iris farms just minutes away. Tomatoes, peppers, herbs, potatoes and corn going in my garden this week. Supposed to be 84 today in N. Cal...too hot this soon!
Sending you flower pics!

Charmingdesigns said...

This is soooo charming!! What did you go around the flowers with? the copic?

Stefanie Staniak said...

What a beautiful pocket!! That set looks fabulous!
Have fun on your weekend jaunt and bring back some good stuff to alter and inspire us all !!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Pam!

Lana said...

Piris have fun at your Mom's! I love your flower power pocket! So darn pretty! You always come up with the most creative things!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this pocket, Pam! Those flowers are SO pretty!!

Bevie Pearl said...

Piris, This card just makes me want to go out and buy some flower seeds and just sprinkle them everywhere.........thanks for sharing your creativity!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Piris - this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I absolutely LOVE to look at fields of wild flowers! You so captured that in your pocket!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...