Sunday, April 08, 2007

recipe book & card




I finally got to use my new Kitchen Classics stamp set by Crafty Secrets! I fell in love with this set when I saw it in Anna Wights store, Sweet and Sassy Crafts. I used my Basic Grey 6x6 paper pad, Scarlets Letter. I got the paper from Joy & Daisy at Eclectic Paperie. I thought the Basic Grey and Crafty Secrets made a perfect pair!
The detail on these vintage stamps is amazing. I look forward to using them a lot more!
I got the buttons from my mom's stash, I can always count on her and her stash for anything I might need. She has collected anything and everything for years. I used my linen thread to stitch the buttons and glued them on the spine of the book and card with E6000. The yummy May Arts ribbon is from StarLitStudio's store. I used my Colorbox chalk ink to stamp the images, it made them show up better than the classic ink. I used Lisa Zappa's blender pen and classic ink idea to do all the coloring. She gives a great toot on her blog! The first picture is the cover, the second is the inside and matching card. There are three pockets in this book, I covered each pocket with the paper and decorated. The tabs on the side are covered with paper, stamped and glued on. The card is hinged on the spine side and I used my slit punch for the closure on the right and glued a button on it.

Supplies: Notebook from Target. Kitchen Classics stamp set by Crafty Secrets. Basic Grey Scarlets Letter 6x6 paper pad. Buttons. May Arts ribbon. SU! - Fancy Flexible Phrases (For You) Black & red flower eyelets (retired), black brads, Linen thread, Ruby Red, Bordering Blue, Close To Cocoa, Old Olive classic ink, Sahara Sand marker to outline the images, Blender pen, Ruby Red & Basic Black cardstock, Hodgepodge Hardware clips, Dimensionals and sponge. Jet black - Ranger to sponge the edges of the cardstock. Colorbox dark brown and lipstick red chalk ink. Scallop scissors. Crop-a-dile to set the eyelets. Marvy Giga and Mega scallop punches. Creative Memories oval cutter. Dymo label maker and black tape. Corner punch.
Be sure and click on each picture to get a closer look!



Have a Happy, Happy Easter!








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are SUPER cute!! Love what you've done with the stamps!

Valerie said...

SOOOO CUTE, Pam!

Shabbychick Junk said...

OMG! INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!

Rose Ann said...

Love your book! All the elements put into this make it just super!!

Sharon Harnist said...

OMGoodness, you have totally done this set the best justice, Pam -- this cookbook is ADORABLE!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I ove the book and the card. They are both incredible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...